Protected Trust provides an environmentally controlled and HIPAA compliant secure data center infrastructure for your organization’s critical systems, applications, and telecommunications
Whether your needs include a remote hot site or data backup and recovery, Protected Trust preserves vital digital assets with complete backups, regulatory compliance plans, regular interval testing and remote server recovery.
HIPAA compliant, business-critical, high availability email messaging and collaboration services through hosted Exchange. Personalized customer support and superior security controls separate Protected Trust from other cloud based email providers.
Simple, universal, secure email encryption that ensures privacy and regulatory compliance for all email communications, protecting valuable digital information assets.
From secure email encryption to private cloud computing services,
- What is the HIPAA Security Rule?The HIPAA Security Rule is a technology neutral, federally mandated “floor” of protection whose primary objective is to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of individually identifiable health information in electronic form when it is stored, maintained, or transmitted.
Who must comply with Security Rule?Any person or organization that stores or transmits individually identifiable health information electronically. This includes both healthcare providers (covered entities) as well as business associates.
- Protected Trust fulfills the HIPAA compliance requirement for our covered entity customers with a business associates agreement.
Physical SafeguardsThe physical safeguards are physical measures, policies and procedures to protect the organization’s electronic information systems and related buildings and equipment from natural and environmental hazards and unauthorized intrusion.
- Protected Trust covers your physical safeguards with controls for facility access control, server security, and off-site disaster recovery.
Technical SafeguardsThe technical safeguards are the technology and the policy and procedures for its use that protect ePHI and control access to it.
- Protected Trust covers your technical safeguards with controls for access control, audit controls, data integrity, person authentication, and encrypted transmission security.
- What is the HIPAA Privacy RuleThe HIPAA privacy rule prohibits a health plan, provider or clearinghouse (covered entity) from using or disclosing an individual’s protected health information (PHI), unless otherwise permitted or required by the rule. The privacy rule protects PHI transmitted or maintained in any form or medium. This encompasses electronic medical records, paper medical records, and oral communications.
Who must comply with Privacy Rule?Any person or organization that stores or transmits individually identifiable health information electronically. This includes both healthcare providers (covered entities) as well as business associates.
- Protected Trust fulfills the HIPAA compliance requirements of our covered entity customers with a business associates agreement.
What is protected by Privacy Rule?PHI (Protected Health Information) is individually identifiable health information relating to the past, present and future health condition of the individual regardless of the form in which it is maintained.
-Protected Trust insures security of active PHI in transit and also historic data at rest.
Privacy Standards and Public OpinionPrivacy of health information is recognized as one of the biggest concerns of the public. A public opinion poll on privacy showed: 18% of consumers are concerned about their privacy, 54% feel that electronic medical records are the greatest privacy threat, and 20% believe that their health information has been used or disclosed improperly.
- Protected Trust meets the HIPAA privacy requirements with 24/7 monitored controls to insure personal health information stays safe, secure, and private.
Clients Love Protected Trust
Security and privacy DOES equal happiness
- Peace of mind is really what it's all about. Protected Trust is awesome and highly recommended.Julie McGovern – Practice Wise CEO
Practice Wise CEO
- You push one button, it puts the attachment in Protected Trust, and it’s fully encrypted, it’s fully secured.Tom Rose – Director of Information Technology, Security Officer
Pyramid Healthcare Solutions
- It’s incredibly fair for the value you get. I recommend Protected Trust to clients and people in the healthcare industry.Lisa Dye – The Infinity Group Owner
The Infinity Group
- Besides being the least-invasive of the encrypted email options, the Protected Trust solution improved the full use of email encryption by everyoneAnne Flory – President, Physician Services Inc
Physician Services Medical Billing